After nearly a year in the city i wanted to write a short post on what i think are the five best restaurants in Da Nang to get some good food here. Entirely subjective of course, but i think these places provide consistently good food at reasonable prices. I’ve deliberately avoided the high end hotel restaurants that of course are generally good but highly priced and tend to be a little further from the city centre.
Due to the sprawling nature of the place it’s tricky at first to find good eateries; so here’s a list of my top five places to get some decent food. There are many Vietnamese options of course, and most are a hit and miss affair. Stick to the Com Ga (chicken rice) or Pho Bo (beef noodles) and you can’t really go too wrong if you like it simple.
This list is mainly Western style food, but these are undoubtedly the best places to get this kind of food here in Da Nang.
- Burger bros, An thoung 4. Undoubtedly the best burger in Da Nang and maybe even Vietnam, this little place hasn’t been open long but you can see from the Tripadvisor reviews it’s popularity-and rightly so. Great home made burgers using Japanese Wagu beef and reasonably priced. The fries are home made and well seasoned with thyme and garlic. Staff are friendly and always smiling. Prices start at 70k VND for the basic burger up to 120k for the double My Khe. Check it out.
2. Luna Pub, Tran Phu Street. Located over on the Westside of the river, this Italian urban style restaurant produces great home made pizzas alongside many other flavourful dishes. Try the pizza brekka with an egg. Lots of decent drinks here too at reasonable prices and a good place to take a date. Live music on a Tues and Thursday as well. Pizzas are around the 170k mark but are large enough for two to share.
3. Family Indian, 251 Ho Nghinh. A decent curry house in Da Nang with reasonable prices starting at 79k for a chicken curry. This place has really upped its game recently with the food getting better each time i visit. If you’re craving a curry and you’re in Da Nang, get yourself to Family indian.
4. Tams Pub, An Thoung 5, My Khe. Tams pub is not really a pub but a small eatery run by the infamous Tam. She delights in cooking homemade dishes for you accompanied by stories of the war. The walls are plastered with interesting photos taken during wartime and she is full of interesting tales of how she was shot at many times and carried bombs away from army camps…food wise the omelettes are great as well as the curry soup and potatoe skins. there’s also some Vietnamese dishes on the menu that are cooked authentically as well. You can also hire surfboards here for the day as well as motorbikes.
5. ‘Dirty Chicken,’ Hai Coi, Nguyen Van Thoi. There’s 3 BBQ chicken joints here in a row and all are good. It’s a bit like Vietnamese fast food. You get some cucumber, salt/pepper/lemon/lime and some chilli and as much BBQ chicken wings and feet you can eat. It’s 15K per chicken wing and 5 or 6 will fill you up nicely.
Great hangover food and well worth a look.